Old 15-10-2003, 06:33 PM
bnd777

Default Moving Leylandiis

"DLee" wrote in message

If you need to deter vandals etc you would do much better to plant

Pyracantha
The spikes see off intruders but the berries are beautiful and much much
easier to maintain than Leylandi

Well - our problem is that the private road on the other side of our fence
is full of public traffic, and when youths gathers and go home from

school,
they throw rocks and eggs. So that's why we went for the Leylandii. We

also
knew that Leylandiis are not most attractive looking trees and also bad
press caused by neighbour disputes..etc, However, we need height
desperately, and Leylandii looked like the best candidate for this
situation.

Dan

Just be sure they do not undermine your garage foundations