Old 15-10-2003, 08:02 PM
Theo

Default [IBC] My visit to the national Arboretum in DC

HI Kitsune Miko

Kitsune Miko wrote:

Thanks for the informations ,

When I came home I spent the last two weekends trying
to refine or re-style my collection. I do have more
trees than the National Arboretum, but not the
quality.

Oh my? I think tha it means.. many.. a lot of work ..a lot of
pleasure :-)
I have some bonsai that I cherish , they are not very good
according the Japanese standards.. but I live in Europe and here the
trees are less educated ,so I try to make my little trees a
little bit like their big brothers in nature ... applaying the Japanese
techniques :-) of course
Thanks again
Theo

Kitsune Miko

--- Theo wrote:

HI Kitsune Miko
what is a Goshin and a Bugies ( means candles in
french :-)
Washinton DC?
Thanks
Theo

Kitsune Miko wrote:

Anita picked me up at my friend's pre Civil War
vintage farm house in Maryland and took me into DC

we

met Anita there.

So i got to tour the collection in the company of

the

collection's plant pathologist and a docent.

Gosh, those trees are beautiful!

Befor viewing the collection, I wondered why so

many

were interested in Bougies. In California they

are

never more than skinny sticks. Growing in a

proper

cliamte, the sure do shape up.

I wanted to see Goshin. I had seen photos of this
planting. They are nothing compared to the real
thing. I think one would have to spend a lot of

time

there to really know the trees.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++