Old 15-10-2003, 08:22 PM
Diana Kulaga

Default Epidendrum pelleuse ?

A search of orchidspecies.com produced nothing. Can you get hold of the
previous owner? He/she might be able to decipher the tag. Pity the poor
soul that gets a tag that I hand wrote!

Diana

"dd" wrote in message
I won an out-of-flower orchid. The hand-written tag says "epidendrum
pelleuse." I've done a Google search and looked on the AOS Web site,
and there are many hits for "Epidendrum," but none for "pelleuse" or
Epidendrum pelleuse." (Pelleuse did come up in French, but it does not
appear to be orchid related.) So, did I get something rare and
wonderful--or something that has a misspelled tag?

Whatever it is, it looks very healthy (has a big kiki-like growth), and
it will join the Catts in the sunroom, who will be wintering in a
south-facing window with additional light from an HID MH light.