Old 16-10-2003, 01:02 AM
Richard Robinson

Default Norwegian Pickled Cucumber

In article , oiorpata wrote:
On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 20:17:42 +0100, Jaques d'Altrades
from "PendletonPR" contains these words:

Does anyone have a recipe for Norwegian sweet pickled cucumber.? The
Norwegians seem to buy it in shops. Recipes I have been given when in
Norway don't seem to work - perhaps the ingredients do not translate well or
I am inept. None of my books seem to have the right formula.

The cucumbers are obviously young, thinly sliced and in a white sweet
vinegar. What we buy when in Norway soon gets used up and I would like to
make my own.

Ask in The Shed - better, I've cross-posted this there. You should start
getting answers any minute now. We have a small Scandal-navian
contingent, and if none of them has a recipe, I'm sure one of them'll
soon find one.

The problem might be that you can't get hold of concentrated white
vinegar. The Scandinavians have several different strengths of white
vinegar, and the recipes tend to use the stronger concentrations which
aren't easily available in the UK.

Goodness, I didn't know that. Crossfade to the various "distilling/why
aren't we allowed" threads ?

--
Richard Robinson

If you want my address, put beulah where the spam trap is.