Old 16-10-2003, 04:02 AM
Madgardener

Default any receipe's for 3 pounds of figs I've placed in the fridge to keep?

and you simmered it for how long? And did you add pectin or were the figs
sufficiently full of pectin in the first place? The men in the house are
starting to look like figs............g I am getting spoiled from picking
them off the tree (they're not as plentiful, but now they're turning dark on
the butt indicating they're sweet and ripe) and snatching a few out of the
bowl in the fridge. But I'm NOT cutting the branches this year in hopes that
this is why I had so many this year. Just capping the little stem and
simmering them and putting it in small jam jars would do it next year
wouldn't it? I am ever the optimistic g
madgardener
"Frogleg" wrote in message

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 21:20:19 -0400, "Madgardener"
wrote:

Anyone have any receipe's for the 3 pounds of ripe, sweet figs I've

placed
in the fridge to keep them from spoiling?

Drat! I didn't save the 'recipe', 'though I definitely remember
passing the URL on to some neighbors. Anyhow, I Googled and searched
the food newsgroups last fall when given a bucket of figs. I didn't
try this, but it sounded terrific. Halve some figs, arrange cut side
up in a pan, dab sour cream on each half, sprinkle with brown sugar,
and broil to kind of melt/caramelize the sugar. The sour cream may be
still cool next to the fruit, but that's good.

I made jam. Figs are *beautiful* fruits -- a most agreeable color
scheme that I admired while prepping and simmering.