Old 16-10-2003, 08:03 AM
john west++++

Default insulating pots from the cold weather

hi, we have two potted plants I wish to protect from the frost on a patio at
the rear of the house.

my plan is to put two large clear plastic bags right over the plants and
pots.

I would like advice please on should I block up the 4 or 9 tiny holes
originally put in the bag by the manufacturer (so as to help keep the cold
out) or will that interfere with any necessary air flow to the plants?

also should I stand the clay pots directly on to the concrete patio slabs or
should I insulate the post from the slabs with a piece of wood, please?

thanking you for any advice.

yours john west