Old 16-10-2003, 04:12 PM
Tina Gibson

Default natural/organic insecticides/repellents?

"Dwight Sipler" wrote in message
Tina Gibson wrote:

... Herbs don't need any protection against chewing or sucking
insects,
they have their own. The aromatic oils which give the strong herb

tastes
and smells are natural repellents, that's why people put dry herbs or
herb bags in linen cupboards and wardrobes.

Janet.

I agree with Janet - the only herbs I've had problems with is dill

(aphid
infestation) but planting nasturtiums close to them diverted the aphids

and
no problems this yr...

Japanese beetles really like my basil. Other than that,

no problems.

Slugs like my basil - but not enough that I don't get a huge crop every yr.