Old 17-10-2003, 03:42 PM
Susan H. Simko

Default My New Pond/Waterfall

pixi wrote:

Regrettably, the waxwings are long gone. But all the rest are still here.
Bluejays, finches, sparrows of all kinds, cardinals, flickers, woodpeckers,
and many more. The other day I saw eight or ten bluebirds checking out
bluebird boxing. Don't know if they were looking for a winter home or what.
They seemed to be especially interested in the gourds which we take down in
winter as the wind here is very strong and tends to blow things down.

Groups of bluebirds will often share bluebird houses in the winter. We
have several bluebird houses in the ayrd and often times in the winter
we will see three or four bluebirds exiting each house in the morning.
Put up some suet (ours prefer peanut suet) and they wil definitely stick
around. *smile*

As to getting OT with birds, I think most ponders share a love for all
nature not just our ponds.

Susan
shsimko at duke dot edu