Old 17-10-2003, 07:44 PM
Alan Gould

Default gardening

In article , amanda
writes
Hi
I have just moved house and have a good sized garden. I have no idea
what to plant - is this a bad time to year to plant anything? Can
anyone recommend any colourful plants i could buy?
Thank you

Don't be in a hurry Amanda - take your time getting to know your garden,
and letting it get to know you. Have a good tidy up, take off any
unwanted top herbage and begin a compost heap with it. Next spring, make
an early start (mid.Feb) with seeding or buying in plants recommended by
others in this group. Meantime, have a look at the urg. FAQ for new
gardeners at:
http://www.nugget.demon.co.uk/MetaFAQ/startingout.html

best wishes
--