Old 18-10-2003, 02:32 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Tropical Water Lily

I remove all the pads & flowers except the new ones at the base. In the low
light conditions and cool water they don't produce many pads thru winter. I
also remove the oldest pads that do come up if they get too thick in there.
The pads that do come up are a lot smaller. Pots are placed right next to
each other, so it is a tight squeeze. ) ~ jan

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 18:55:10 -0400, "*muffin*" wrote:

I cannot figure out how you keep the tropicals inside. your setup doesn't
look very large.... afterall the plants spread over 10 feet outside in the
pond!

what am I missing???

I have my last tropical just yanked from the pond, sitting on the porch,, if
anyone has suggestions on how to save it for over the winter,,,,

: )

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 10:34:04 -0400, "Jeff & Kathy Brown"
wrote:

Has anyone had success with bringing a tropical water lily inside and
keeping it in water for the winter? Thanks.
Kathy

Yes, on my webpage you'll see my patio pond I have in my living room, it

is
35 gallons and will hold 6 T.lilies in 8" diameter round containers. Some
years have been better than others, Last year I didn't add heat and lost 2
of the 6 I had in there. This year I'll put the aquarium heater back in

and
see if that was the problem. It only cooled off to 65F, so I'm not totally
convinced it was the temp. ~ jan

click on *My Pond Photo's* go to pages 1 & 4
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website