Old 18-10-2003, 07:42 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Tropical Water Lily

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 00:41:26 -0400, "*muffin*" wrote:

ok, so you think if I just stick the pot in a container of water it will be
ok? even if the water stays cool & not much light?

When I say "not much light" I'm comparing what I can produce inside to
summer sunshine. It will still need water in the 65-70F range with minimum
12 hrs of artificial light.

if I put a plant light on it,, wil I have probs with it wanting to spread
leaves? I'd love it if it kept flowering

Won't spread, won't flower, unless you get sunlight on it. My Evelyn Randig
did bloom before I put it out this summer. It was getting sunlight thru the
East window from sunrise till noon along with the artificial lighting that
included a double bulb aquarium hood at 6" from surface and a 300 watt
halogen 3' from surface. The aquarium lights were on from the time I got up
till I went to bed and the halogen was on from dusk to bedtime.

just pop it back in pond when water gets warm?

Yup.

Course there are no guarantees. ~ jan
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~