Old 18-10-2003, 12:42 PM
Andrew G

Default Lemon leaves curling

"Jane VR" wrote in message
u...

I think Pestoil is a variant of white oil and they can be used
interchangably. At TAFE we were told that leaf miner can start in spring
but is usually more of a problem summer/autumn, so yeah, it's early.

Pat, leaf miner makes white, curvy trails in the leaf, as well as
crinkling them. If you're not sure, take a leaf to a nursery and they
should be able to recognise leaf miner.

Jane

Just thought I would add that the trails left can also be clear looking as
only the "skin" of the leaf is left.
Pest Oil and White oil both work in the same way by "suffocating" the bug.
And both will only work if you cover all the bugs, it's not systemic.
Cheers
Andrew