Old 18-10-2003, 02:02 PM
Phisherman

Default Kousa dogwood and sun

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 05:31:33 GMT, "Stuart E. Weiner"
wrote:

I live in Zone 5 and would like to plant a Kousa dogwood in my front
yard. However, I've read conflicting reports on sun
requirements/tolerance. The yard faces south and gets nearly full sun.
As an alternative, I could place the Kousa in the back yard, which also
get considerable sun but faces north. I'd appreciate your thoughts and
advice.

Thanks.

They are not at all too picky. They like to be on the edge of a
wooded area where they are partially protected but grow more upright
in full overhead sun. They will do better with more sun than less
sun. Dogwoods tend to be subject to disease and it helps to keep
mulch around them to help avoid weed trimmers and mowers from damaging
the trunk.