Old 18-10-2003, 11:22 PM
Mattias Baecklund

Default How to change soil PH without creating deadly salts ?

no use peat

Mattias Baecklund

"gmv" skrev i meddelandet
I figured such.
Maybe the only way is to scrape off the top soil
and replace it with a whole different kind
this thing is much too expensive so I guess
planting anything that likes the 7 range PH or less
is out of the question.

"Dewitt" typed in message

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 11:39:02 -0400, "Ted Byers"
wrote:

But, I can't give you any specific advice on changing the pH of your

soil
since I have not had to do that.

Powder sulfur can be used to acidify soils to some extent, but it is
normally used for small areas and it would be difficult to acidify the
entire root zone for a tree and keep it that way for the life of a the
tree. Best to find trees that are suitable for your soil rather than
trying to modify your soil.

deg