Old 19-10-2003, 04:22 AM
Kenni Judd

Default Yes! We Won!

It's a shame that security measures have become necessary at orchid shows,
but it's also a sad truth. And it requires some help from the host society.
The good folks at Delray Beach OS have foiled 2 attempts to remove plants
and/or trophies from my exhibit in the last few years. At that show, the
ex. are upstairs and the vendors are downstairs, so there's no way we can
watch our own ex., and the offendors were caught upstairs, so possibly they
might have been trying to buy the merchandise in question ....

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com
"Susan Erickson" wrote in message
On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 00:51:28 GMT, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

Sue,

High fives all around! I've only belonged to this society for a couple

of
years, and it seems that the track record for firsts in displays was

almost
nil. So we are strutting around singing "We Are The Champions", or
something equally juvenile. For every grower who says 'After a while,
awards don't matter', there are 10 honest ones who admit that they DO!

Diana

Sure they do. The Joy hidden or out front just makes you feel
all fuzzy and bubbly inside.

Our show had a downer.. On Sunday afternoon one display had a
crystal orchid stolen. She was no longer watching people around
her display and it walked. I don't know how expensive, but it
was worth a chunk of change.

SuE