Old 19-10-2003, 06:22 AM
Snooze

Default Age of rose cuttings

"Roger Bennett" wrote in message
link.net...
I've been lurking this newsgroup for a while now and I finally have a
question. Last spring, I successfully started two cuttings out of five

from
an old rose bush in my yard (I'm guessing at least 20-30 years) and I'm

now
wondering how long I can expect the starts to live compared to their

parent.

Roger, even if the new plant had an age of 30 years, the rose bush, if given
the proper nutrients, sunlight and water, will outlive your grandchildren.
It has been mentioned in this newsgroup several times, that there are rose
bushes growing in colonial gardens that are almost 200 years old.

Sameer