Old 19-10-2003, 02:12 PM
Craig Cowing

Default [IBC] where's the thrill in bonsai?

kevin bailey wrote:

I would say that there are certainly areas of bonsai that thrill. They
are rare and never easy, but if they were the thrill would be
diminished. They probably vary hugely from person to person and depend
on your level of interest. For me the most thrilling are styling new
material for the first time (and it actually working successfully) and
finding good yamadori material. Standing in awe in front of a real
masterpiece probably comes a close third.

Cheers

Kev Bailey
Vale Of Clwyd, North Wales

Collecting a really good tree in the wild and seeing it progress is certainly a
thrill for me. The initial rush of finding a good tree in the wild is at the top of
my list.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37