Old 19-10-2003, 02:32 PM
Colin Malsingh

Default green manure?

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 11:54:46 +0100, "PA" wrote:

Hello
Is it too late to sow green manure?

What have you got to lose?

I have been sowing mine for a few weeks now and so far most of it has
sprouted.

I'm going up to so the remaining lot of Clover, Fenugreek, Tares &
Field Beans this afternoon. Because it's been so dry, I have soaked
the seeds for a few hours (in the hope that this will improve the
chances of germination).

I guess that any that doesn't sprout now might come up in Spring
instead. I've planted mine in drills, so at least it should be easy to
identify and remove if that happens.

Colin
-----
(Sorry - no direct email. Please reply via the newsgroup)