Old 19-10-2003, 03:02 PM
Robert E A Harvey

Default Fork Sharpening

"Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I used to have an old fork which has sharp points and digs into the soil
easily. Recently I bought a new one but the points are not sharp
pointed ones but blade like. They are not good at digging. I tried to
sharpen them but due to temper, they are quite hard to sharpen.

Do you think with use they would wear and sharpen themselves?

Hi Rajinder
No, if you can't sharpen them then they won't wear very quickly.
You've been the victim of low-cost manufacture. The best solution is
to use an angle grinder, with care not to overheat and draw the temper
of the tines. An engineering shop might help