Old 19-10-2003, 05:13 PM
Jim W

Default Eucalyptus Tree Cuttings.

Ray wrote:

"Jim W" wrote in message
news:1g32vhk.ho5bs6i7wpm0N%00senetnospamtodayta@ma cunlimited.net...
Ray wrote:

My first posting to the group:

I am completely ignorant on gardening matters, but wish to learn.

So-- I wish to grow a eucalyptus tree from cuttings. How should I start

and
when. I have never taken a cutting in my life, so please respnd in

detail
and be kind:-)

Welcome Ray,

You've asked a good'un as Eucalyptus are rarely (almost never)
propagated from cuttings to my knowledge.. Seed is the most ususal
method of gettting new Eucalyptus trees as far as I know.

try searching the archives of this group at:
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=uk...O-8859-1&hl=en
for past information and discussions on Eucalyptus

you may also find. http://www.eucalyptus.co.uk useful.

I found http://www.australiaplants.com
which is Michael Gillespie's site very useful and Michael himself is
very helpful and knowledgeable about Eucalypts.

http://farrer.csu.edu.au/ASGAP/eucalypt.html

is also good.

Here in London I have 4 different Eucalyptus species, all of them
'slower' growing ones if such a thing can be said about Eucalypts.

//
Jim
North London, England, UK

Many thanks Jim,

Trust me to start with something difficult!

I'll have a look at the links you kindly provided.

Not really difficult just one of those things..

Eucs are very easy to grow once growing,, very fast, very very tough as
a general rule.. We coppiced ours this year and they are regrowing
fine!

//
Jim