Old 19-10-2003, 08:02 PM
Haas

Default Asian Longhorn Beetle Larvae Identification

I live in the Chicago area, and as many of you know, over the last few years
we have had problems in certain areas with the Asian Longhorn Beetle.
Anyway, I was splitting some wood the other day and found it to be infested
with some sort of boring larvae. The wood is Willow.

I have tried to identify the larvae via a web search, but can find no
particular site on the larvae identification. I am attaching a link to a
picture.

If someone knows of a good site, or has experience identifying the larvae, I
would appreciate some feedback.

Thanks,

Ken

http://www.geocities.com/hitmensoftball/picture.jpg