Old 19-10-2003, 08:12 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

Default Fork Sharpening

The message
from "Rod" contains these words:

Do you think with use they would wear and sharpen themselves?

They do. Just watch those old forks - my son-in-law stuck one through
his foot! Luckily he wasn't too badly hurt.
Unluckily he's a solicitor but this was his own fault - nobody to sue ;~(((

I bet that hurt him more than the injury!

A friend of mine was splitting logs with my seven pound axe, and the log
he was aiming at toppled at the last moment and the axe glanced off and
sliced into his wellie. (This was before the days when steel toecaps
were easily available.)

He waited for the pain and the blood. Nothing. Carefully, he removed the
blade, removed the boot and took off the sock.

I keep my axes very sharp. His boot was toecapically challenged. His
sock was neatly sliced - between the big toe and the next one. Not a
scratch on him.

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk