Old 20-10-2003, 12:12 AM
Sacha

Default Sign of the times

It hasn't rained here to any good purpose for months. In the last week, we
have seen a buzzard on the big lawn, under the Atlantic cedar, three times.
We have many buzzards around us but in 22 years here, Ray reckons he's seen
them in the garden about three times.
We can only guess that they are just desperate for food, so are foraging in
the shadier parts of our garden where the comparatively cooler temps and the
spray lines might produce a meal for them.
We have some chick crumbs left over from raising the ducklings, so if anyone
thinks those will help the buzzards, please let me know.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk