Old 20-10-2003, 12:42 AM
Corcoran. Bil

Default [IBC] Kingsville Boxwood and Japanese Black Pine in Winter

I'm zone 4-5 and looking for some wintering advice on two new trees I
just acquired. With only a few weeks until the cold hits I'm hoping
someone can lean me in the right direction. I asked earlier about the
black pine but received no responses from anyone so far.

I have a detached unheated garage that gets very little light, stays
fairly cold all winter, is protected from the wind and frost, and gets
fresh air every day with the garage door opening for the car to go in
and out. My other trees have been fine in there.

Will the black pine and Kingsville be OK in there? My concern with the
Kingsville is that it may get too cold. My normal boxwood gets a little
bronzy looking but has survived two winters in there. My concern with
the Black Pine is if it will get enough light and I also read that Black
Pine's do not like indoor even in winter. I'm not sure I'd consider the
garage indoor but technically it's not outdoor.

Any Zone 4-5 advice out there?
Thanks
wmcorcor

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++