Old 20-10-2003, 02:02 AM
Kenni Judd

Default Phyton 27 & Dends?

Diane: Phyton 27 has several different "recommended rates" on its label,
depending on the situation [preventive vs. post-outbreak]. I have used it
on Dens at the lowest of the recommended rates without harm.

Never did it myself, but I have also seen Dens completely defoliated by
Kocide, another copper fungicide. The fellow grower who made that error
tells me that most of the plants survived, but the old growth was ugly for a
LONG time.

The folks at Phyton 27 claim to have somehow "buffered" the copper ...

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com
"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
ink.net...
All,

As far as I know, copper is not good when mixed with Dendrobiums (leaf
drop). Phyton 27 is copper based. Yet, I know several people who say it's
okay to use.

Opinions, please?

Diana