Old 19-10-2003, 10:42 PM
Diana Kulaga

Default Phyton 27 & Dends?

All,

As far as I know, copper is not good when mixed with Dendrobiums (leaf
drop). Phyton 27 is copper based. Yet, I know several people who say it's
okay to use.

Opinions, please?

Diana

Old 19-10-2003, 11:42 PM
Ray

1) Copper is a very effective herbicide, sometimes used to kill aquatic
plant life.
2) Copper is known to be toxic to several orchids and many other plants.

Why risk it when there are alternatives to choose from?

.. . . . . . . . . . .
ink.net...

Old 20-10-2003, 01:02 AM
K Barrett

Ditto

K Barrett

"Ray" wrote in message
1) Copper is a very effective herbicide, sometimes used to kill aquatic
plant life.
2) Copper is known to be toxic to several orchids and many other plants.

Why risk it when there are alternatives to choose from?

. . . . . . . . . . .

Old 20-10-2003, 01:42 AM
Pat Brennan

Actually Physan 27 is one of the few products out there that is labeled for
orchids. I find it gives excellent local and systemic protection. I have
never had any problems with it like the old Kocide.

Pat
Brennan's Orchids

Old 20-10-2003, 02:02 AM
Kenni Judd

Diane: Phyton 27 has several different "recommended rates" on its label,
depending on the situation [preventive vs. post-outbreak]. I have used it
on Dens at the lowest of the recommended rates without harm.

Never did it myself, but I have also seen Dens completely defoliated by
Kocide, another copper fungicide. The fellow grower who made that error
tells me that most of the plants survived, but the old growth was ugly for a
LONG time.

The folks at Phyton 27 claim to have somehow "buffered" the copper ...

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com