Old 20-10-2003, 03:02 AM
B & J

Default Mums in NJ - will they come back?

You should have torn the roots apart at the bottom when you plant them in the ground and watered them in well, but since it's too late for that now, just before the ground freezes later this fall, cover the plants with a layer of leaves or pine needles (6" - 8") and anchor the leaves or needles in place with chicken wire or something similar that will keep them from blowing away. The extra cover should help them survive.

John
"news.bellatlantic.net" wrote in message ...
I just planted some mums a few weeks back in New Jersey, and the guy at the store told me to trim them in the spring through till early summer, and they should come back. Everyone else I've spoken to pulls them out in March/April because they never grow back. Anyone have any more info??
thanks
CAtherine