Old 20-10-2003, 03:42 AM
Weezyde

Default Mums in NJ - will they come back?

I just planted some mums a few weeks back in New Jersey, and the guy at =
the store told me to trim them in the spring through till early summer, =
and they should come back. Everyone else I've spoken to pulls them out =
in March/April because they never grow back. Anyone have any more info??
thanks
CAtherine

I have had Mums for 13yrs. at my present home. If you want them to spread, you
trim them back on April 1st, May 1st, and if there are no flower buds present,
on June 1st. also. I have many different colors and styles of Mums and without
much care they come back every year. Most of them are covered in a bank of snow
in the winter.

Good Luck,
Sue in Mi. (Zone 5)