Old 20-10-2003, 12:12 PM
Jim W

Default How Big of Image for Plant ID?

Frogleg wrote:

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 09:42:48 -0400, Lily
wrote:

I have an image of a plant I would like help identifying. I will post
at alt.binaries.pictures.gardens. What is the best image size to do
this? TIA

I realize this doesn't directly address your question, but if you have
a scanner, you can make *terrific* images of leaves and small flowers.
I've done this laying the items directly on the glass, but am now
thinking, in the interest of not having to clean it afterward, a clear
plastic sheet wouldn't significantly interfere with the scan.

Good advice and more tips can be found at:
http://www.scantips.com/

//
Jim