Old 20-10-2003, 04:12 PM
Corcoran. Bil

Default [IBC] Kingsville Boxwood and Japanese Black Pine in Winter

I have great indoor light with huge south facing windows that my
tropicals do great in. Also have an un-heated basement. It gets very
little light but it does stay cooler (but not frosty) perhaps in the
40's and 50's. Do you think it would be better to have the Kingsville
in an unheated lower-light area or a heated good light area for the
winter?

I assume you both keep them in a heated space? Don't they need a
dormancy period?

Thanks. I guess I'm the only one with a Japanese Black Pine in zone 4-5
on the list so far.

wmcorcor

==
== Ditto for me. I keep mine outdoors until about Thanksgiving, which
means
== they will
== have gone through regular frosts at night. I then bring them
indoors
== and keep them
== under fluorescent lights. They do very well that way. This gives
them a
== good month
== of dormancy. They perk right back up once they come indoors.
==
== Craig Cowing

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++