Old 20-10-2003, 09:42 PM
Iris Cohen

Default Real Words

Just because some "word" is in some dictionary that doesn't mean it's a real
word.

Then how do you define a real word? Dictionaries like Merriam-Webster and OED
do not create words. They reflect the usage of the time. I believe I have heard
people say, "In actuality." They mean actually, but there it is. They are
speaking real words. I did a quick Web search and found several entries. You
might find this amusing: Encyclopedia of Marxism: Glossary of Terms. Ac.
Actuality. A philosophical concept concerned with the development of processes
and conceptions.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."