Old 21-10-2003, 03:12 AM
Roger Snipes

Default [IBC] Kingsville Boxwood and Japanese Black Pine in Winter

Bil,

I am in zone 5, tending towards 6 if you believe those who want to
reclassify us, and I keep the bulk of my trees in a cold frame during
winter. I run out of room in the cold frame however, so I have some
Japanese black pines that I just set on the ground under one of my display
benches, no mulch or anything, and I throw one of the grey plastic tarps
over it. They spend the entire winter there in the dark and they do just
fine.

Regards,
Roger Snipes Spokane, WA Zone 5, or maybe Zone 6.
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it,
and then misapplying the wrong remedies. Groucho Marx (1895-1977)