Old 22-10-2003, 12:02 AM
Victor Martinez

Default RFI: Austin Garden Groups/Clubs

Andyd wrote:
How do I find out about different garden groups that I might join?

Buy the local paper on Saturdays. They have a small gardening page in
the Life and Arts section and they usually list gardening events and
groups. Also listen to the saturday morning gardening shows on KLBJ 590
AM, they also advertise upcoming events sponsored by local groups.

shows, and especially garden tours. I just found out that there was
an "open day" of the Garden Conservancy two weeks ago that included a
house down the street from my house, a garden that I drive by and
check out (and drool) every day. I would have *loved* to be able to
walk through this garden. These happen fairly regularly, I know the

Annually, actually, but the Open Gardens is not going to happen next
year. They're taking a year off.

Austin Pond Society has an annual "open house", and I am sure there

It happens early in the summer, again, only once a year. Those are
really the only two tours that I'm aware of that open private gardens to
the public.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he