Old 22-10-2003, 01:22 AM
Joe Doe

Default RFI: Austin Garden Groups/Clubs

In article , Victor Martinez
wrote:

Annually, actually, but the Open Gardens is not going to happen next
year. They're taking a year off.

Austin Pond Society has an annual "open house", and I am sure there

It happens early in the summer, again, only once a year. Those are
really the only two tours that I'm aware of that open private gardens to
the public.

--
Victor Martinez

The city also has Water-wise garden tours - I believe one was held on Oct
18. I went last year. The gardens were modest in general but the owners
commitment to rain water collection was pretty impressive. I enjoyed
going for the tour because it gave you an insight into how ordinary folks
dealt with their gardens. I wish I had remembered to go this year.

Here is a link to the show.

http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/watercon/falltour03.htm

Also many events are listed on the Central Texas gardener site on PBS:
http://www.klru.org/ctg/events.asp

they have a link to the texas master gardeners events page which fills any
remaining holes

Roland