Old 22-10-2003, 03:22 AM
bmuller

Default INTERBREEDING?

My experience is the opposite type. I started with a bunch of feeder comets
about 15 years ago. They have produced lots and lots of babies, most of
which were sold to the pet store as feeders. But I now have fish with
spectacular tails, and other finnage, All variations of color from light
orange through dark orange, to almost black.

~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
What "Just Me Koi" said, and to add, comets can be very hard on fantail
type goldfish females. I love shubunkins, but I don't put them in my
lilypond with my moors, orandas & ryunkins.... In fact, I only have one
type of male in there so I sort of know what the parentage is. ~ jan