Old 22-10-2003, 03:32 AM
J Kolenovsky

Default RFI: Austin Garden Groups/Clubs

Nancy Wooley told you about the Austin Native Plant Society,
http://www.npsot.org/Austin/default.htm
and there is one in Georgetown,
http://www.npsot.org/WilliamsonCounty/default.htm.
Great source of information and fellowship.

J. Kolenovsky
VP, NPSOT, Houston

Andyd wrote:
=

How do I find out about different garden groups that I might join?
I'd like to get information about native gardening and would really
like to join a group that has regular newsletters with notices of
events around Austin that are worth attending. Things like sales,
shows, and especially garden tours. I just found out that there was
an "open day" of the Garden Conservancy two weeks ago that included a
house down the street from my house, a garden that I drive by and
check out (and drool) every day. I would have *loved* to be able to
walk through this garden. These happen fairly regularly, I know the
Austin Pond Society has an annual "open house", and I am sure there
are others, and I'd like to figure out how to get advanced warning
that these are coming up. I record CTG every week but more often than
not I don't have time to watch it.
=

Thanks.
=