Old 22-10-2003, 04:12 PM
Max Wright

Default Chickweed

In message , Jane Ransom
writes
In article , Seven
writes
I have a lot of chickweed in my garden, I have been told it means you have
healthy ground,

Does anyone know if this is true or not?

Should I leave it to grow untill I need the ground, or should I remove it?

If you don't remove it you will have nothing but chickweed!!
If you are happy with that then leave it where it is, if not, nothing
short of a nuclear war with it will eradicate it - especially if your
ground is nice and healthy (((((((

If your *chickweed* is nice and healthy, you might enjoy eating it:

"Wash the sprigs well, and put into a saucepan without any additional
water. Add a knob of butter, seasoning, and some chopped spring onions.
Simmer gently for about ten minutes, turning all the time. Finish off
with a dash of lemon juice or a sprinkling of grated nutmeg."

(Richard Mabey, Food for Free)
--
Max Wright
www.wys-systems.demon.co.uk/plotcrop