Old 22-10-2003, 05:42 PM
Kate Morgan

Default Cuttings in water

: I keep being made aware of folk who root cuttings in water, but cannot
find
: a good reference to real experimental results.
: Is the technique good for only a restricted range of plants?
: Is it any more reliable than rooting cuttings conventionally?
: Is it any quicker than the conventional methods?
:
: I find that Fuchsias are very quick and easy to root in water.
:
I've had success with those and also tradescantia and African violets.

I don't recall that they were any quicker, but I was fascinated that such an
easy method was successful. I just left them on the kitchen windowsill.

Yes that is how I feel about the whole thing,some cuttings took about 3
weeks some didnt take at all.
kate