Old 22-10-2003, 06:22 PM
joe s

Default Citrus trees

the main consideration for citrus trees is cross pollination....i have a few
desireable cross's other not so...

i have an orange that cross's with my lemons..i get HUGE sweet lemons...

as for a Sambo lemon...not sure of the name...but as with all citrus...it is
a winter harvest...it takes a good cold snap to get the sugars ready to
ripen...i love watching all my trees turn ripe after that snap..

"Hildur M. Hendricks" wrote in message
I just moved to Florida and bought a lemon and grapefruit tree. Does
anyone here know anything about a Sambo lemon? The only information I
have is that it is a sweet lemon and is harvested in November and
December.
Also another question.........How far apart should citrus trees be
planted?
Thank you for any information you can give me.
Hildur