Old 22-10-2003, 06:23 PM

Default Eucomis bicolor - overwintering

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
:
: "K" wrote in message
: Thanks to everyone for their advice. I'm in Twickenham, not a million
: miles
: from you Bob, so as it's now on the floor of the shed with other things
: I've
: brought it, I think I'll leave it there unheated for the winter. I was
: also
: interested in the seeds, so think I might see if they will propagate.
:
:
: Twickers eh? Just down the road/river.
:
: Take care leaving them unprotected in a shed, they might get even colder
: than in the ground/pot and will also have to cope with greater temperature
: changes, certainly they will dry out more.
: Put them in some damp (only just) sand or similar.
:
: --
: Regards
: Bob
:
: Use a useful Screen Saver...
: http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
: and find intelligent life amongst the stars, there's bugger all down here.
:
I didn't make myself clear. They are still in their pot and I have wrapped
some fleece and bubble wrap round the pot.