Old 22-10-2003, 07:02 PM

Default Canna lilies

"JennyC" wrote in message
:
: "Steve Jackson" wrote in message
: ...
: Anyone care to advise on the best way to store these over winter?
:
: many thanks for any replies
: Steve Jackson
:
: If they are planted deep enough in the ground, and you live in a
: sheltered area, they will probably survive in situ.
:
: If in pots:
: Wait for them to die back
: Remove the foliage
: Bring into a frost free place
: Start watering in spring and they will start to regrow
:
: More at :
: http://faq.gardenweb.com/faq/lists/c...804022357.html
:
: Jenny
:
I'm sue I read somewhere that if you are going to bring them in they should
be left out to catch the first frost and then be brought in.

I've grown some from seed and this is the second summer they haven't
flowered. I bought one at Hampton Court this year, but that hasn't flowered
either. Is this usual? The former are in the ground and the latter is in a
pot.