Old 22-10-2003, 09:02 PM
Michael Berridge

Default Canna lilies

K wrote in message ...

I'm sue I read somewhere that if you are going to bring them in they

should
be left out to catch the first frost and then be brought in.

I've grown some from seed and this is the second summer they haven't
flowered. I bought one at Hampton Court this year, but that hasn't

flowered
either. Is this usual? The former are in the ground and the latter is

in a
pot.

Most of mine flowered this year, but I did start them in March indoors,
next year I will start them even earlier, and ensure they remain wet at
all times as the best ones I have seen were grown in pots standing in
water all the time.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk