Old 22-10-2003, 11:12 PM
Kenni Judd

Default new thread-grwoing media

Who told you a plant can't grow "straight up" on a mount? G

We have several of our Schombos, and some other plants, growing upright
[from our perspective, even tho it's caddy-whompus from the plant's point of
view] on horizontal mounts. It's just a matter of attaching the hanger
differently, through the center of the mount instead of one end.

I've been looking at pumice, but not tried it yet.

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com

"AN" wrote in message
hi guys
what about pumice????
will this be ok as an inert-long lasting medium?????\
i'm thinking about clay pellets but pumice is plenty around where i live

personally i will rather put some charcoal and pumice in a basket(wire or

wood)
for the plants that do better mounted ie(schobos and rhyncholaelia

digbyana), i
just think the plant looks nicer when it grows straight up
thanks