Old 23-10-2003, 12:02 AM
Beecrofter

Default Winter cleanup questions...

"~Lori" wrote in message ...
Hi all...
Coupla questions:

1.) Do I need to do anything for newly planted (this past summer) hardy
hibiscus to ready them for winter? Cut to the ground? I have a Lord
Baltimore and a "clown" I think it's called. The stalks are bare on the LB,
but the "Clown" still has leaves and is bushier and not as Cane-like as the
Lord Baltimore.

2.) I planted Mexican Primrose this past summer as well, and it's spread
pretty impressively in just that short time. It won't travel into my grass
if I don't have some sort of barrier on the bed, will it? The flowers are
beautiful when it blooms.

Thanks!
Lori (zone 5)

The Manual of Herbaceous Ornamentals shows rose mallow to be hardy in
zone 5 but it's the coldest zone shown for it. Personally I am a
believer in mulch.