Old 23-10-2003, 12:42 AM
Frank H. Kirchner

Default new thread-grwoing media

That's a neat idea and would help with the problem of how to display the
mounted plant when in bloom. If the mount lies flat, all one would need is
some sort of decorative tray. KEWL!

I appreciate the responses.

Frank
"Kenni Judd" wrote in message
.. .
Who told you a plant can't grow "straight up" on a mount? G

We have several of our Schombos, and some other plants, growing upright
[from our perspective, even tho it's caddy-whompus from the plant's point

of
view] on horizontal mounts. It's just a matter of attaching the hanger
differently, through the center of the mount instead of one end.

I've been looking at pumice, but not tried it yet.

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com

"AN" wrote in message
hi guys
what about pumice????
will this be ok as an inert-long lasting medium?????\
i'm thinking about clay pellets but pumice is plenty around where i live

personally i will rather put some charcoal and pumice in a basket(wire

or
wood)
for the plants that do better mounted ie(schobos and rhyncholaelia

digbyana), i
just think the plant looks nicer when it grows straight up
thanks