Old 23-10-2003, 10:42 AM
dstvns

Default Horseradish Propogation

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 00:48:06 -0700, "gregpresley"
wrote:

A good plan would be to put them in a part of your garden that is walled off
or cemented away from other plants. Maybe a little area cut off by a
sidewalk or something. They're not very ornamental, so even up against a
garage or shed would be great.

I would slightly disagree with the ornamental part. I have a large
horseradish plant and it is very beautiful around June. The broad
leaves are fairly weedy-looking but when the dozens of whispy white
flowers come out it looks extremely nice...until the flower stalk
falls over heh, then it needs some tidying up.

I don't know about the invasive part, I followed other peoples advice
and kept my horseradish in a secluded place. Even in the worst of
soil it has prospered, sprouting 4-foot tall vegetation every year.

Right now I have the mint and jerusalem artichokes (sunchokes)
fighting over another corner of the yard, but I think the j-chokes
won. Their flowers are interesting...they smell like tootsie rolls
heheh.

Dan