Old 23-10-2003, 10:43 AM
jane

Default Pieris

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 18:36:50 +0100, "Janice"
wrote:

~My pieris has never flowered. Are there some types that do not flower, is
~it a male, or might there be another explanation for it not flowering?
~
~Thanks
~
~
Mine didn't for a couple of years after I rescued it out of the garden
where the previous owner of the house had planted the poor thing.
(garden is 6" cruddy soil above chalk). I potted it up in ericaceous
compost, fed it with ericaceous fertiliser to compensate for the chalk
still about the roots, and gave it rainwater.
Then I had a year where I had incredibly red leaves in profusion, then
finally last year it flowered. It's flowering again this year, so
maybe they need a time to get established. How big is yours? Mine's
only a couple of feet high (and obviously being restricted a bit
because of the pot).

--
jane

Mark Twain