Old 23-10-2003, 02:14 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

Default Where to buy mushroom spawn?

The message
from Gareth Jones contains these words:

Maybe my best bet is to try and find some 'ripe' wild mushrooms and
collect the spawn from them as suggested.
Trouble is, not sure where there are any mushroom fields around here!

Ah, watch this space: there's another thread_||_down there which
might provide oodles of mushrooms. \ /
\/
I still can't believe I can't get a packet..... I can visualise the
thing so clearly in my mind...... all those years ago.....

Hmmm. Yes, but then I can visualise a doodle-bug flying in the sky above
me. I can visualise the mail plane which flew over our area daily - a
smallish biplane airliner. I can visualise Mars Bars at 2d each. I can
still see in my mind's eye whalemeat in the butcher's and snoek on the
fishmonger's slab. All those years ago. All gone, for better or worse.

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk