Old 23-10-2003, 06:22 PM

Default where to buy large crop seeds (wheat, barley, etc)

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 12:44:02 -0400, Gary Woods
wrote:

"joe s" wrote:

do any of you know where i could purchase seed for these?

(wheat, barley & alfalfa are #1 on the list now)

As others said, local farm store. Some seed companies have small
quantities available; I got a couple of varieties of barley from Abundant
Life last summer.... don't know their status since a fire destroyed their
offices. I _think_ still functioning.
And always, the Seed Saver's Exchange is a treasure trove.

Johnny's carries grains too.

http://www.johnnyseed.com

(Look on the Commercial Grower's Site, then click on 'Cover
Crop and Farm Seed' -- up near the top of the page.

Pat
--
To email me, remove the spam trap and type my first
name in its place.

CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States: http://www.stopthehunger.com/
International: http://www.thehungersite.com/