Old 23-10-2003, 05:02 PM
joe s

Default where to buy large crop seeds (wheat, barley, etc)

i want to get some experience with these crops

do any of you know where i could purchase seed for these?

(wheat, barley & alfalfa are #1 on the list now)

thnx in advance

Old 23-10-2003, 05:12 PM

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 11:59:15 -0400, "joe s"
wrote:

i want to get some experience with these crops

do any of you know where i could purchase seed for these?

(wheat, barley & alfalfa are #1 on the list now)

thnx in advance

I buy seed of this type at a feed and farm-supply store
(Agway in our case). It's very cheap, about $0.50/lb in
very, very small quantities, no doubt cheaper in larger
quantities.

A pound is a lot when you're planting it!

Pat
--
To email me, remove the spam trap and type my first
name in its place.

CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States: http://www.stopthehunger.com/
International: http://www.thehungersite.com/
Old 23-10-2003, 05:42 PM
Mommy Bartlo

There is lots of seeds in Mount Pocono where I live

When my boy JoJo shovels snow he sometimes finds seeds.

He shovels driveways, if anyone in Mount Pocono needs a driveway shoveled
call us. But he can't go long distances cause the pests took his license
away.

http://www.enter.net/~jbartlo/joseph.htm

Old 23-10-2003, 06:02 PM
Gary Woods

"joe s" wrote:

do any of you know where i could purchase seed for these?

(wheat, barley & alfalfa are #1 on the list now)

As others said, local farm store. Some seed companies have small
quantities available; I got a couple of varieties of barley from Abundant
Life last summer.... don't know their status since a fire destroyed their
offices. I _think_ still functioning.
And always, the Seed Saver's Exchange is a treasure trove.

Old 23-10-2003, 06:22 PM
Joseph Bartlo

The cowardly, anonymous pest posting as Mommy Bartlo wrote:

There is lots of seeds in Mount Pocono where I live

When my boy JoJo shovels snow he sometimes finds seeds.

He shovels driveways, if anyone in Mount Pocono needs a driveway shoveled
call us. But he can't go long distances cause the pests took his license
away.

http://www.enter.net/~jbartlo/joseph.htm

I don't post here except to inform you that the LIAR posting above is no
relation to me and has the sole purpose of defaming me and posting bull----
about me. What a waste of a life.

Old 23-10-2003, 06:22 PM

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 12:44:02 -0400, Gary Woods
wrote:

"joe s" wrote:

do any of you know where i could purchase seed for these?

(wheat, barley & alfalfa are #1 on the list now)

As others said, local farm store. Some seed companies have small
quantities available; I got a couple of varieties of barley from Abundant
Life last summer.... don't know their status since a fire destroyed their
offices. I _think_ still functioning.
And always, the Seed Saver's Exchange is a treasure trove.

Johnny's carries grains too.

http://www.johnnyseed.com

(Look on the Commercial Grower's Site, then click on 'Cover
Crop and Farm Seed' -- up near the top of the page.

Pat

Old 23-10-2003, 08:22 PM
Joseph Bartlo

The cowardly, anonymous pest posting as Mommy Bartlo wrote:

There is lots of seeds in Mount Pocono where I live

When my boy JoJo shovels snow he sometimes finds seeds.

He shovels driveways, if anyone in Mount Pocono needs a driveway shoveled
call us. But he can't go long distances cause the pests took his license
away.

No one cares about JoJo, cowardly, anonymous, pest.